A list of instruments played by students in this class:
Piano (Lindsey, Joel, Alexander, Simon, Adam S.)
Clarinet (Mary Beth)
Double Bass (Josh)
Guitar (Steve, Dave, Adam B., Chris)
• Have I missed anybody? If so, kindly let me know, and I will add your name to this list.
• Voice (Megan and Stephen) not listed above for this project, but you will be able to write for voice for the next project.
• You can write for an instrument other than those listed above, as long as you arrange for a performer to be able to come to our class to play your music. The guest performer does not have to stay for the whole class, just long enough to perform your composition.
• You can write for yourself as a performer, but you do not have to do so. Note that one of the ways to earn class participation marks is through performing, so if you are not performing someone's work then you should make sure to contribute to the class in other ways, most notably by being an active commentator on others' music.
• What next? If you haven't already done so, have a look at the blog that explains this assignment. It is mostly a replica of the handout I gave you, but there may be some additional information there that is helpful.
→ Read "Project 1; More Details" when you have completed your chord progression.
→ Curious about what is required in order to create a "well-prepared score"? Read the following to find out:
Final Recital of the Final Piece
4 years ago